Is this you?
- You take working out You are in the gym at least 3 days a week and when you do cardio, you do it with a vengeance until you are swimming in sweat.
- You leave the gym and grab an Aquafina before heading for work or You believe that giving your body anything but water right now would defeat all of your hard work, and that any calorie you put in your body right now would land right back on your hips.
- Your body hasn’t seen any significant progress on quite some time. Ironically, though you workout hard, you are standing
Don’t be alarmed, you are just like millions of women who work out. You just need to get nutrition right and watch the fat burn away.
What went wrong?
- You have used most, if not all, of your stored glycogen during cardio; now your body is in a catabolic state, meaning “muscle ”
- Since you did not replace the calories that you burned within 45 minutes of your hard work, your metabolic rate took a nose dive, and now your body has accelerated the process of burning muscle for BAD!
Every time you force your body to go into a catabolic state your body begins turning muscle into glucose – the sugar that feeds your brain and provides the energy you need to maintain your metabolic rate. It is far easier for your body to do this than turn a fat lipid into glucose so your body will ALWAYS choose muscle first over fat.
The secret to burning fat is keeping your muscle. The only way to keep muscle is to never allow your body to starve. When your body starves it goes into a catabolic state, which burns muscle instead of fat – ugh! Your body goes into this catabolic state 3 times a day.
|Time of Day||Solution|
|Sleep||Breakfast with fruit within 30 minutes of rise.|
|Missed Meals||Eating every 2.5 hours after rise, don’t wait till you are hungry.|
|Working Out||A nutrient dense Recovery Shake immediately following your workout.|
So you want to lose fat? Keep the muscle on your body. Do weight resistant training and never allow your body to go into a catabolic state; fuel your body at the right times and watch your lean muscle melt the fat away.